1-minute podcast summary of OS

John Engle john at johnengle.net
Sat Apr 12 07:47:40 PDT 2008

hi doug et al.

thank you for your messages and ideas, Doug and Raffi.

here's the text, Doug:

I’m John Engle, and I’ll be organizing the “Open Space” learning area at STAREAST.  What is “Open Space?” Simply put, it’s a meeting method that allows people to come together to suggest and discuss topics that they’re passionate about. We provide the venue, and you provide the expertise!
Though the STAREAST program covers a vast number of software testing topics, there is no way to touch on everything. That’s where Open Space comes in. It’s a place where you set the agenda. Whether it’s discussing something more in depth or examining a topic that’s not on the program, Open Space is the place to convene.  It’s like an extended coffee break with a tad of structure; a gathering place for you, your ideas, and your colleagues.

At STAREAST, you’re going to have the best of both worlds: great keynotes,  tutorials, and concurrent session AND a space for YOU your colleagues to identify and address what’s emerging in real-time.
Look for Open Space on Thursday and Friday next to the Registration Desk at STAREAST. See you there!

thanks again raffi and doug.

John

douglas germann <76066.515 at compuserve.com> wrote: John--

Wonderful inviting language you use.

I want to steal it. Is it possible for you to share a text version of
the script for your podcast?

As to what you call it, how about if you just use lower case open space
rather than the caps? Or "opening space?"

   :- Doug.