Highlights: First OS on OS in French

Diane Gibeault diane.gibeault at rogers.com
Fri Sep 28 09:43:16 PDT 2007

Bonjour Catherine,

For all those following and interested in your proposed gathering in Switzerland, this is encouraging: something will happen.

As for more documentation in French, you were probably refering to Deborah Hartman's message about this. She talked about "the importance of developing native skills with OST". I was out of town openspacing when Deborah sent her message so had not reacted to it but I agree entirely with her. That means that even if we may share some central pieces, we need several sets of documentation in French.   As you know, Marquis Bureau who has been communicating with the List on behalf of the FoFo organizing committee and who has over 12 years experience with OST is also developing resources in French with some of your Swiss colleague Marianne and an African colleague. They have concluded that each country has it's own termininology and way of saying things and that each has to adapt the documentation to give it local meaning.

As to for what exists now, Open Space Institute of Canada www.openspacecanada.org has examples of OSt stories in french its french articles, the newsletters and via links to other resources and so does www.openspaceworld.org I also have some on my website www.dianegibeault.com and am working on developing more. So does Esther Matte http://www.excellence.ca, member of the Fofo committee.There may be more and they are likely to show up on the list following your request.

Things are brewing in the many french OST communities!

Diane