Funda's inquiry

Phelim McDermott phelim at mac.com
Wed Sep 19 14:00:54 PDT 2007

My I feel annoyed by this reponse!

How exciting..

It certainly means something if you work in theatre where it's
fundamental to creating something onstage where any interesting
theatre gives meaning to the space between the players and each other
and the audience.

Most disappointing theatre is created by people who forget that space
is actually something that exists between us and in the field it's
how atmospheres and emotions are communicated. How the unspoken is
spoken.

Check out any of viola Spolin's books to see creative examples of
this and Michael Checkov's work on Atmospheres.

and incidentally the unwritten on chalk board seems a good metaphor
for the open space that exists in the middle before anything takes
form. Just because the form hasn't manifested doesn't mean it has no
meaning.. in fact maybe it means more and gets reduced when words or
issues start happening.

interesting..

Phelimx