sponsor/facilitator (was the circle, luminaries, personal growing edges)

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.org
Fri Sep 7 18:24:07 PDT 2007

Dear Diane,
for sponsors, members of the planning committee and others involved in
the issue at hand its wonderful to be fully in the participant mode and
not to also be involved in other tasks infringing on their passion.
In other words, its great to have a facilitator that can fully attend to
holding time and space.
When Harrison and I worked with Immams and Rabbis from around the globe
in Sevilla last year it was important for them to have the facilitation
done by people "outside" of those religions, Christian seemed to be fine.
I experienced the same thing with Israelis and Palestinians last year in
Switzerland, they insisted on having someone from another place...being
a German born naturalized US citizen appeared to be ok.
Basically, I think, facilitators clear about their role regardless of
what nationality, culture, etc. can do a splendid job...the sponsor may
have some idea on what the group will "accept".
Have a great time at your event
greetings from Berlin
mmp