Is Anybody Home?

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.org
Wed Oct 10 15:02:06 PDT 2007

Here we were having a great time expanding our space into relaxing and
comtemplative dimensions and what happens, the guy with the hat buts in.
I propose a one week no message period at the beginning of each month of
the year!
Have a great time
Greetings from Berlin
mmp

Harrison Owen wrote:
> Presumably, everybody is busy with useful stuff or just taking a nap (:-)),
> but it seems a while since I heard from all my friends. Personally, I have
> come back south from my summer abode in Maine and have started on the
> Winter's chores. Not that it is really like work, but I find myself thinking
> a lot about where OST has taken me. At the simplest level OST as become a
> marvelous natural experiment probing a very different understanding of the
> capacity of human beings for productive and fulfilling work, and the way we
> might approach the work that we do. Several years ago I wrote a book, "The
> Practice of Peace," exploring the work of Peace Making. Currently on my desk
> is another effort looking at the ways in which we have sub-optimized and
> underestimated the capacity for superior performance. Whether this actually
> turns into a book or not, remains to be seen, but the interest is there. And
> then there is the marvelous opportunity to do an OS with a large software
> company designing a new major product line. I think we could learn just how
> ineffective we have been in this area, and how one might radically raise the
> level of performance. And I am wondering what you may have discovered???
>
> For example, we have used OST quite a bit in an educational environment
> apparently to good effect. But then my question is what have we learned
> about the nature of education and how we might do it better. And of course,
> here in the US we are totally enmeshed in the Political Season and I wonder
> what we may have learned about the political process, and how to do it
> better and more effectively. . . Just Wondering.
>
> Harrison
>
> Harrison Owen
> 7808 River Falls Drive
> Potomac, Maryland   20854
> Phone 301-365-2093
> Skype hhowen
> Open Space Training www.openspaceworld.com <http://www.openspaceworld.com/>
>
> Open Space Institute www.openspaceworld.org
> Personal website www.ho-image.com
> OSLIST: To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives
> Visit: www.listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html
> <http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html>

> http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist

>From  Thu Oct 11 00:34:37 2007
Whoever mentioned something about a nap??
Good Night
Thomas Herrmann