more funding community work?

Jeff Aitken magic.teams at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 20 18:05:36 PST 2007

Beautifully put, Jack.

And thanks to a few friends for pointing out that my post felt like anxious waiting rather than making stuff happen. I should be clear that I'm most grateful for the desk jobs that supported me to finish my PhD.

During that walnuts & lemons phase I was opening space in community meetings at donated locations and passing a hat. Not a great funding nor survival strategy, alas.

So I return to the inquiry, doctorate in hand, finding spaces to open for communities to connect and prepare for the Great Turning which seems ripe to emerge.

blessings
Jeff
San Francisco

Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 20:25:10 -0500From: jack at designinglife.comSubject: Re: more funding community work?To: OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDUHarrison,Great sage wisdom. What resonates is the futility of anxious waiting and marketing (sometimes the same thing). Much better, I've found, to just get busy and make something happen. It's actually a very good day when we get more known for making something happen! :) Anxiety, it seems, is never as rewarded as generosity. with love, Jack-- Jack Ricchiutowww.DesigningLife.com / 216.373.7475 (EST)Announcing "Conscious Becoming", now available in paperback - visit ConsciousBecoming.com * * ========================================================== OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU ------------------------------ To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu: http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html To learn about OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs: http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist