Facilitator as space-invader!

Franklin Quijano franklinqjn at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 16:43:52 PST 2007

Mine was a positive onem although I felt embarassed.

  It was a sharing before the closing circle to a whole day OS activity in Kisarazu, Chiba Japan which was facilitated by Gail West.

  I had my computer repaired by a friend.

  Everyone was tired and participants energy was a bit low, when the computer which was defective said: YOUR BATTERY IS LOW.

  Everyone laughed and regained back their energy.

  That encouraged me to be a follower of OST.

  GOD BLESS.

  Franklin

Yoav Peck <yoavpeck at netvision.net.il> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                I can one-up you, Thomas. In the holy space of Yom Kippur, toward the end of the full-day fast, as a speaker reached the climax of a talk about the holiness of silence, believe it or not, my cellphone rang. Understand, I run programs on human dignity and cellphone abuse is one of the examples that come up as people explore the ways in which they abuse each other’s space, and here I was, Dr. Dignity, forgetting to turn off before entering the synagogue. If people had not been in a Yom Kippur-ish forgiving mood, I would have been tarred and feathered!

  Meanwhile, I am promoting our opening space at the Jewish-Arab school which my daughter attends here in Jerusalem. I’d be happy to hear from folks who have done this sort of thing. I will be presenting the idea to the school parents’ committee Wednesday, and I’m thinking that we should go for inviting to the space all teachers, parents, perhaps the older students (7-9th graders) and assorted additional stakeholders. 450 kids learn thee, so it could be a big event. Any thoughts, tips from people’s experience will be appreciated. Thanks much in advance,
  Yoav Peck, Jerusalem