Emergence and Flocking - From the OSLIST Archives

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at BK.RU
Wed May 30 18:31:31 PDT 2007

Wendy,

You wrote:

"Kind of gets the imp (small tricky spirit) going wondering what else we
could do with it? Cheers, Wendy"

Thinking about originating your own halfway technology? If so, give me a
heads up. I'll see to it that you have some martinis for the occasion.

Raffi

Date:         Wed, 30 May 2007 14:59:05 -0700
Sender:       OSLIST <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Wendy Farmer-O'Neil <[log in to unmask]>

And it can be lots of fun if you have a big group to play with. Give
everybody the three rules and let �em go. After a couple of minutes you see
the flocking thing happening. Then pull two folks aside and give them one
more rule: head slowly but steadily towards the door. In a couple of minutes
the place is empty� Kind of gets the imp (small tricky spirit) going
wondering what else we could do with it? Cheers, Wendy