FW: new Poet Laureate...of songs and sonnets... :)

Karen Sella karen at luminacoaching.com
Mon May 28 12:52:17 PDT 2007

Oh!  I’ve heard it said and said it often, “be prepared to be surprised…”
and here I am, completely unprepared to be thus surprised!  Thanks all for
your lovely words and the sentiments behind these…and for bestowing upon me
this unexpected honor…

As I pondered how to respond in “appropriate” OS poet laureate fashion
[grin], I found myself humming a little Cole Porter tune that always makes
me smile, which prompted some wondering about the poetry of song here in
Open Space, so instead of a traditional poem, I offer a question or two that
may inspire more poems…and questions…and ditties, tunes, and lyrics:  If
there is a soundtrack for Open Space, what songs are playing in the space of
Open Space?  How does song show up in Open Space?  What tunes and lyrics, if
any, wander through heart and mind as you walk the circle and pick-up cups?
What songs whistle and hum through your lips?  What do you hear as you
linger longer in various states of space?

Oh, and in case you are wondering, the song that inspired this inquiry
(perhaps some of you are familiar with Cole Porter’s little tune?)?  Don’t
Fence Me In…

Oh, give me land, lots of land under starry skies above,

Don't fence me in.

Let me ride thru the wide-open country that I love,

Don't fence me in.

Let me be by myself in the evening breeze,

Listen to the murmur of the cottonwood trees,

Send me off forever, but I ask you, please,

Don't fence me in.

Just turn me loose,

Let me straddle my old saddle underneath the western skies.

On my cayuse,

Let me wander over yonder till I see the mountains rise.

I want to ride to the ridge where the west commences,

Gaze at the moon till I lose my senses,

Can't look at hobbles and I can't stand fences.

Don't fence me in.

Anyone else care to share?

Warm wishes from sunny Bainbridge Island,

Karen

Karen Sella

HYPERLINK "http://www.luminacoaching.com"www.luminacoaching.com

HYPERLINK "http://www.integralventures.com"www.integralventures.com