Self-organization

Ralph Copleman rcopleman at comcast.net
Sat May 26 07:30:24 PDT 2007

Hi,

We keep falling back on evolution for our comparisons.  This seems
appropriate to me.  The ongoing unfolding is proof that self-organization is
the father and mother of us all.  And I think the history of the last 13.7
billion years shows that the universe and life grow ever more complex and
competent, even as the underlying dynamics have remained essentially the
same.

I believe the possibilities for relationship and further organization are
more numerous (and interesting) when the system is complex rather than
simple.  Life creates new music and teaches itself new dance steps all the
time, but the beat is the same.

Ralph Copleman