doing self-organization

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Thu May 24 13:33:59 PDT 2007

Pat Wrote: "To refer back to Harrison's statement I don't think you can
enable it or sustain it.  I think all of creation is the an expression of
it."

No question in my mind Pat, we do not "create self-organization." It is. But
I really do believe that we can learn to use it, to optimize it, and to
sustain it. More to the point, I think that is precisely what we all have
been learning to do for 20 years with OST. I presume you would have no
problem in talking about "Optimizing and sustaining life." And mutates
mutandis -- the same applies to self-organization, which after all is what
life is all about, at least a fundamental level.

For sure we know how to screw it up (which also teaches us what NOT to do).
Terminal screw up occurs every time we attempt to organize a self-organizing
system -- or control it, which amounts to the same thing.

And I think we have been learning a lot about how to make it (SO,Life,Open
Space) sing. It starts with Invitation, comes to a circle, includes passion
and responsibility etc. Or something.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20854
Phone 301-365-2093
Skype hhowen
Personal website www.ho-image.com
OSLIST: To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the