Terrorized by terror -- Space closes

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Fri Mar 30 09:24:16 PDT 2007

I have this strong sense that fear is like a whirlpool - we are drawn into
its centre because of the forces of gravity, the viscosity of the water and
the hole in the bottom of the bathtub.  With nowhere else to go, the water
goes down, and if we are water in this scenario, we are sucked somewhat
inexorably towards that centre.

What happens when we Open Space around a theme of hope or a topic that
stands against this fear is that we drill another hole in the bathtub.  Now
the water entering the stream has a choice, and it can go down the hole of
fear or be drawn towards the new centre.  It doesn't require a massive
shift, in fact it only requires a small one, for once the water chooses to
drain down the other hole, it commits fully to that pattern instead.

Opening space for peace invites consciousness that there is another way.
Being in open space free from fear creates the undeniable experience of
possibility which leads us towards a more and more peaceful centre around
which we may continue to gather.  Once we know it's possible, how can we
return to our former state of fear?

Chris

--
CHRIS CORRIGAN
Facilitation - Training

Site: http://www.chriscorrigan.com

Principal, Harvest Moon Consultants, Ltd.
http://www.harvestmoonconsultants.com