Has anyone done a short OS as a break out session?

Julie Denny JuliaDenny at aol.com
Fri Mar 23 07:25:07 PDT 2007

In a message dated 3/23/2007 2:10:31 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
susan4ps at comcast.net writes:

I have been invited  to offer Open Space as one of 6 workshop sessions at a
conference – so I will  need to attract participants who have other specific
offerings to choose  from.   (This is a conference for diverse grantees from a
foundation  that supports small NGOs dealing with vulnerable populations.)  Has
 anyone offered OS in such a setting?  How have you described it in the
program as an offering?  What lessons did you learn?  I plan to  assemble a small
group of representatives who will attend the conference to  help me frame the
question.  Thanks for any  suggestions,

I have offered it and NO ONE came. I think the trick is to have a  compelling
topic that speaks to the grantees (which I did not) and then,  without
advertising it, conduct the session in Open Space. One suggestion that  cropped up
on this listserv was to assure that maybe two high profile attendees  will be
"participating", (maybe it's your small group of representatives) which  will
serve to draw people into the room. Of course you have to get those high
profile attendees to participate.

Julie  Denny
Resolutions
People talk...people listen...things change.
31 Poe  Road
Princeton, NJ 08540
TEL 609-921-9021
FAX 609-921-2255