AW: Using Open Space to Break Negitations Impasse

Catherine Pfaehler c.pfaehler at bluewin.ch
Tue Mar 6 01:01:30 PST 2007

Sheila, this sounds like my own experience. Suggesting an OS in a situation
of conflict came through my mouth in the summer of 2004 "rather naively",
and this really opened the door to my new career I am now in the midst of
building, enjoying it tremendously.

My hints for you would be:
- Prepare seriously.
- Ask your questions to OSLIST.
- If you want, ask for somebody with more experience to be your personal
coach in the background (and offer to assist him/her in an OS in exchange).
I had a wonderful experience preparing for an important event with Florian
Fischer who helped me by email and telephone whenever I had questions, but
who was very clear that I was to be the one up front. (We had later agreed
that he was to do the German part, me the French part. But he was so clear
on me being the one up front that 2 days before the event, he withdrew for
serious health reasons... Whatever happens... I managed, learned great lots
through the process, and I even got a second chance with the same sponsor
and the same team, which was a full success for all of us!).
- Great would be to assist somebody in an OS in the next few weeks in order
to come closer.
- Enjoy the adventure!

Love, Catherine

Catherine Pfaehler Senn