Poem in your Pocket Day

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at BK.RU
Fri Mar 30 15:51:17 PDT 2007

Hello spaceholders!

Thank you Harrison and others for your thoughts on the fearosphere.

Fear does have a way of creating the illusion of impossibility, but it also
opens space unexpectedly for so much more. It unwittingly creates space for
the Fool, who can tear down in an instant everything that fear is trying to
create.

I think of the film "Borat." For me this film was all about opening space
and inviting conversation on relationship, how we choose to be with each
other, about sitting with a seething hatred which can be within or next
door. I think it's also a film about complexity, about how love and hate
reside in dynamic coexistence within each of us.

Perhaps there's a teaching here, "If scared, then play."

Which brings me to Poem in Your Pocket Day, April 28th.

Where is Ralph Copleman when you need him?! I hope your wind generator isn't
giving you any problems!

Ralph posted about this international day two years ago. The basic idea is
you take a poem and recite (or read) it to as many strangers as you can. I
tried this two years ago and it took me (and the listeners) to such
unexpected and sweet places.

I will be participating in this international day in a few weeks and invite
you to do the same. I'll be reading "Be Here Now," posted to the list a few
weeks ago. Et vous?

Warmly,
raffi