Open Space with Architects?

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.org
Tue Jun 26 13:24:35 PDT 2007

Dear Andrew and you others interested in architects/urban design/etc.,
I will not tire of pointing you to the rapidly developing data base of
open space events.
Here it is
> http://www.openspaceworldscape.org/

Patience, this thing is heavy and needs 3 seconds to come up.
In the upper right hand corner you see
deutsch (that stands for german)-english
whatever is your cup of tea or brew of beer.

Then, click on "select field/sector" at the right hand side where it
says "search".
Scroll down to
"community organisation"
and choose the sub-field
"urban and regional planning"
Hit "start search", gently, right!

Now, when I do that 9 events pop up.
Three in Belarus, one in Canada, one in Bonn (the former capital of the
Federal Republic of Germany, planning the area around their central
station), and several others in Germany. The one in the City of
Oranienburg (a place near Berlin where they defuse bombs from the second
world war every week! a hazard when building there)involved architects,
urban planners, landscape architects and children (some adults, too)
that designed a large area along the local river involving three schools
a public housing project, local industry, etc.
If you click on the small arrow in the upper right hand corner, you get
more info on each event with as much information as people who enter the
events are interested in making public.

As more of you register in the worldscape and enter events (soon the
worldscape will feature new stuff and will be easier to handle) the more
easily you will find material and will be able to answer your or the
questions of potential sponsors.
Now there are 27 facilitatore out of an estimated 10 000 world wide with
a total of 353 events listed out of an estimated 30-40 thousand.
So there is lots of space to improve and expand.

For those of you still with me, let me point you to the latest entry in
the worldscape. Click on "select Open Space faciliator", scroll down to
"Harrison Owen" (right, the fellow with the Australian hat), click on
his name and than on "start search". One event pops up. Patience, more
will follow. But this event is very well documented.
Still with me? Ok, click on the little arrow in the upper right hand
corner of the Practice of Peace field.
A new box pops up.
Go down to the bottom.
Way down. Click on the last word, it says "here".
The complete documentation of the event including first class pictures
and a special feature "Harrisons 70th birthday party" in Berlin with
really great pictures.
The first one showing ho in front of 15 Martini glasses being cooled
down awaiting the spirits.
This is also one of the few chances you have to see him without a hat.

I think it is a good example of the stuff that will increasingly be
available in this depository.
Go ahead, join it, record the events you have facilitated.
Greetings from stormy Berlin
See you in San Francisco next year!
mmp