"rules" and self-organization

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Tue Jun 5 04:53:48 PDT 2007

Doug and all:

I agree that Martin Buber is helpful and describing the nature of
relationships.  Ken Wilber uses/acknowledges his perspective on the
nature of "we".  He also suggests that complexity theory
(self-organization being part of that) is about describing the emergent
relationships between individuals (nodes) in a system.  Those
relationships do have dynamics of their own that we are beginning to
understand and are also shaped by the other three aspects of individual
interior development, individual behaviour and collective culture.

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation
Toronto, ON, Canada