Recetnt Post in oslist and email address

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.org
Sun Jun 24 13:02:18 PDT 2007

Dear Pavel,
in several ways the stammtisch is the original open space gathering long
before people knew how to read and write...more detail on the when and
where of the worldwide open space stammtisch at

> http://www.openspaceworldmap.org/
click MENU and the STAMMTISCHE.

A stammtisch is a regular gathering at a regular time (like every
Tuesday evening, or once a month or, as is the case with the os
stammtische around the planet, every Monday of every odd month at
7pm)where people interested in a particular aspect of life, as for
instance open space, gather for beer (other drinks are perfectly ok) and
food as everyone wishes and talk with each other about whatever is on
top of your mind regarding open space (in a broader sense). People come
and go as they find useful, some arrive at 7 pm (I usually even earlier
to secure a table and talk to the people in the pub), some as late as 11
pm and it will usually last until well past midnight. No agenda, lots of
energy. Last stammtisch in Berlin several people came because they
needed work (in os, of course), well, they in fact found others that
were looking for help. So its networking, creating collaboration, new
ideas are born, people bring stuff for each other to look at (pictures,
a couple of books of proceedings from recent open spaces, a bottle of
brandy from Kyiv,  there are always a couple of laptops to show things
to each other and to write an email to another stammtisch lets say in
Kyiv or Budapest..).
Often, there are also visitors from other countries passing through
Berlin that are real open space stammtisch addicts, they have heard of
the Berlin one and join. So its international, too.
And we are always ready to convene an extraordinary stammtisch,
especially if people like you pass through Berlin just at the time when
there is no regular one scheduled...
Now that this has grown a little longer and the question of what is a
stammtisch keeps coming up regularly I will also send this to OSLIST
with the information that the next stammtisch is on July 2nd. Everywhere.
Greetings from Berlin
mmp

--

Michael M Pannwitz, boscop eg
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany

Check out the Open Space World Map presently showing 446 resident Open
Space Workers in 71 countries (working in a total of 128 countries
worldwide)
www.openspaceworldmap.org