The Theme and STAMMTISCHE

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.org
Wed Jun 20 06:39:00 PDT 2007

Dear Yana and you other themers,
here a little correction to my post after reading yours:
WOSonOS always has had a theme "Open Space on Open Space".
A very "open", "wide" theme.
In addition, more "focused" or "closed" themes have been used.
My experience has been that regardless of whether the theme was simply
"Open Space on Open Space" or other additional themes were used, the
current interests with energy (such as "schools" for open space
trainings or open space) have come up in all WOSonOS that I have been to.
In fact, different ways ("schools", if you like) have been practiced for
instance in the introduction part of the os event or in the design or
around the closing circle... always lead to discussions on "styles",
"schools", etc of ost.
In fact, the whole field of "schools" or different ways of planning,
opening, facilitating os events is one of the root causes for this
listserve and is one of the most passionate issues making this exchange
so productive.
Regardless of all this, themes in all kinds of situations are important
to arrive at (I put the emphasis on "arrive at").
An additional aspect to WOSonOS: Yes, I myself try to be at every
one...and I have never even given one thought to the theme in the
decision on whether to attend a WOSonOS or not. What attracts me most is
those crazy colleagues from all over that are passionate about Open
Space and Open Space Technology...even those weird whale watchers.

And dont forget, STAMMTISCH time is just around the corner and I propose
that at every one the theme for WOSonOS in San Francisco in 2008 is
discussed, lets see what will emerge on:
Monday, July 2nd, 7 pm in
Augsburg, Bad Honnef, Berlin, Bielefeld, Bratislava, Budapest,
Glottertal, Göteborg, Halifax, Hamburg, Hong Kong, Israel, Kharkiv,
Kyiv, Köln, London, Luxembourg, Madison, Montreal, Moscow, München, New
York, Paris, Saarbrücken, San Francisco, Singapore, Switzerland,
Uppsala, Utrecht, Vienna
Have a great day in Kyiv!
See you in San Francisco or even earlier!
hugs
mmp

--

Michael M Pannwitz, boscop eg
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany

Check out the Open Space World Map presently showing 444 resident Open
Space Workers in 70 countries (working in a total of 128 countries
worldwide)
www.openspaceworldmap.org