The Theme

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.org
Tue Jun 19 10:44:03 PDT 2007

If you follow the admonition "never work harder than you have to"
(Practice of Peace) letting go of the idea of having a theme for the
WOSonOS might come easier...Open Space on Open Space rocks enough for me
and all the OSonOS that I have been too have rocked or whatever
regardless of the theme or no theme.
Its different, however, if the business issue differs from "Open Space
on Open Space". Then it is the task of the sponsor and a planning group
(best a crossection of the whole system that is to be invited)to create
the theme. I have seen some great, inspiring themes emerge out of
sessions like that.
However, looking back, it seems to me that the act of finding a theme
(getting the act together) is much more significant for the Planning
Group and its task of writing an invitation for their event and all the
other stuff they do
than the theme itself.
Greetings from Berlin to Toronto
mmp