"rules" and self-organization

douglas germann 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Sun Jun 3 17:06:17 PDT 2007

Larry--

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 17:21 -0400, Larry Peterson wrote:
> It is in the relationships between the selves and the patterns that
> emerge in those relationships that “organization” or pattern happens

This sounds suspiciously like Martin Buber! And even more like some
ideas that keep popping up for me recently--namely that persons/selves
are more like the threads between the knots in a (living) web, than the
knots themselves. The in-betweens (Buber's "narrow ridge?") is where the
action is. Buber would say that persons are born in relationship--we do
not exist as persons until someone notices and hears us. The
organization, the super-self, is born in the patterns of relationships
among the individuals.

Does this send us in any worthwhile directions?

				:- Doug.