Opening challenges

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Sat Jul 28 03:35:40 PDT 2007

Great! Haven't had a really good Space Invader in years!! As a matter of
fact, I have even had some folks challenge me on whether or not they even
existed in the form that I wrote about. So it is a great relief to know that
the Space Invaders are indeed alive and well. Phelim -- my experience is
that such folks are just plain angry in general. To be sure they will object
to some things in particular - OS is too simple, you are a dictator, the
coffee is cold. . . But really they are just mad. But they are also usually
hooked on whatever it is the topic is -- after all they came. And that puts
them in a real bind. They love it / they hate it. They are out the door /
they are all involved. When somebody gets that confused, they need lots of
space to figure things out - which is what you gave them. Good job!