Special Guest - Methods for Strategic Collaboration: Blend ing Appreciative Inquiry, World Cafe, Open Space Techn ology and Polarity ManagementT

Christine Whitney Sanchez milagro27 at cox.net
Sun Jul 1 20:21:08 PDT 2007

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

I am thrilled to announce that my dear friend and colleague from Israel,
Tova Averbuch, will be our special guest at the upcoming Methods for
Strategic Collaboration foundations workshop in Dolores, Colorado, August 6
– 8, 2007.  For those of you who have not met her yet, Tova is the pioneer
who brought Open Space Technology to three sectors in Israel and has been
deeply involved in peace work in her country and the world.  You will love
hearing Tova’s insightful stories about working on the front lines of peace,
sustainability, and innovation in the Middle East.

Participants will learn how to utilize Appreciative Inquiry, Open Space
Technology, World Café and Polarity Management™ to generate conscious,
strategic collaborations.  More information is available below.

If you or someone you know is interested, please register by July 15 to be
assured of on-site lodging.  You may scroll down for the registration form
or download it at
http://www.christinewhitneysanchez.com/methods_for_strategic_collaboration.

Warmly,

Christine

Christine Whitney Sanchez
CWS - Collaborative Wisdom & Strategy
2717 E. Mountain Sky Avenue
Phoenix, AZ  85048-8990
480.759.0262
www.christinewhitneysanchez.com <http://www.christinewhitneysanchez.com/>

  _____

METHODS FOR STRATEGIC COLLABORATION

Foundations Training

August 6 – 9, 2007

Sophia Retreat Center, Dolores, CO

  _____

Are you interested in learning how to engage groups of 5 to 2,000 in
strategic conversations?  Would you like to enjoy Colorado mountain breezes
as you attend a training that will give you the foundational skills and
knowledge you need to utilize four powerful methods that are being used
around the world for breakthrough thinking, decision-making and
collaborative action?

Appreciative Inquiry is a positive change method predicated on what’s
already working and building on that success.  Rather than focus on what
needs to be fixed, Appreciative Inquiry looks deeply into the root causes of
success and leverages and amplifies what is most successful, meaningful and
alive to make dreams happen.  From one-to-one conversations, incorporating
storytelling about values and desires, the process expands to large group
process for co-creating the future.  Appreciative Inquiry is an ideal
planning and management tool because it catalyzes a cascade of affirmative
conversations throughout the system.

Open Space Technology quickly enables diverse groups of people, as well as
those who work together every day, to tap into the collective intelligence
of the whole.  The principles, practices and self-organizing process of
leverage each person’s passion into a call for action.  In half-day to
three-day Open Space gatherings, participants create and manage their own
agenda of parallel working sessions around a central strategic theme. The
outcome includes recorded discussions, next steps and a commitment to
action.

World Café fosters collaborative dialogue in large groups by rotating
participants through a series of small tables.  Authentic conversations
encourage sharing knowledge, building on each other’s ideas, thinking
outside of the box and creating connections.  This easy to use process
quickly generates quality in-depth responses to challenges and
opportunities.

Polarity Management™ is powerful tool that leverages the best of apparent
opposites resulting in win-win solutions.  Many challenges are not problems
that can be solved with either/or solutions.  Rather, they are dilemmas or
polarities to be managed.  Polarity mapping provides a complete picture of
the interdependent opposing forces that often create gridlock.  Working with
the upsides of both poles, predictions can be made for the types of change
that will result from any strategy.

  _____

WORKSHOP OBJECTIVES

·         Through experiential learning, gain a working knowledge of the
principles, steps and practices of Appreciative Inquiry, World Café, Open
Space Technology and Polarity Management™.

·         Practice Appreciate Interviews, small group learning and large
group synthesis as part of the Discovery Phase of Appreciative Inquiry.

·         Engage in a World Café as part of the Dream Phase of Appreciative
Inquiry.

·         Participate in an Open Space Technology meeting as part of Design
Phase of Appreciative Inquiry.

·         Practice Polarity Management™ as part of the Destiny Phase of
Appreciative Inquiry.

·         Craft appreciative questions and provocative propositions in your
own language and for your environment.

·         Design a large group project to take home.

·         Participate in two follow-up coaching sessions.

  _____

FACULTY

Christine Whitney Sanchez consults internationally with organizations and
communities to build the capacity for conscious leadership and strategic
collaboration.  She is an international pioneer in blending Appreciative
Inquiry, World Café, Open Space Technology and Polarity Management™ to
deepen communication through conversations that matter and to liberate
self-organization so that people can strategically collaborate by taking
responsibility for their passion.  Christine collaborated with Claudia Haack
to coordinate the largest World Café in the world and facilitated the
largest Open Space event in the USA at the 2005 Girl Scout National
Convention.  www.christinewhitneysanchez.com
<http://www.christinewhitneysanchez.com/>

  _____

PARTICIPANT TESTIMONIALS

"I realized my dreams come true.  I will be able to help others serve a
worthy purpose.  I saw the impact of my heart - I can't wait to live it.

Michael Jackson, March 2007, USAA Worldwide Insurance

"The high point was that my greatest learning did NOT come from where I
expected it to.  If you come to this workshop, be prepared to be surprised.
Be prepared for a workshop that gives you MORE than what is advertised.  Be
prepared to learn as much from the students as you do from the teacher
(which is perhaps the highest compliment that I could pay to the skill,
wisdom, and vision of Christine Whitney Sanchez).  Be prepared to stretch in
ways that you did not even anticipate.  Be prepared to see the world in
whole new ways."

Mark W. Hanna, March 2007, Valley Coaching Collaborative, Chandler, AZ

"This workshop has built my confidence as a facilitator and enabled me to
incorporate particularly Appreciative Inquiry and Open Space Technology into
a pilot test of an activity to mobilize sector wide collaboration in order
to improve the national response to orphans and vulnerable children
throughout sub-Saharan Africa."

Jane Begala, March 2007, Constella Futures, Washington D.C.

 “Thank you for showing me a different, more spiritual way of doing Open
Space.”

Andrew Ballance, March 2007, London, England

“I plan to use some Appreciative Inquiry in my next leadership workshop in
Ireland, as a first step in bringing about a change to emphasize the
positive in training of our leaders.”

Participant from Ireland, October 2004

“I’ve learned and been mentored in methodologies that work – that affect my
work with others in positive, active ways – that encourage me to be
congruent with my values and beliefs.”

Participant, May 2005, Chicago Training

“I’m excited about the “click” of several concrete AI projects to address
challenges that I’d been mulling for some time.”

Participant from Israel, 2004

“I discovered sound principles to be used as inner guidance throughout life
and rediscovered importance of trusting that voice inside.  The workshop
gave me a framework for previously scattered projects in my head.”

Participant, 2004 Paris Training

“I am anxious to extend this Open Space and World Cafe process to Girl
Scouts and other venues/organizations.  Each participant has walked away
with a bit of understanding of ‘how to hear the voices of the masses’.”

Participant, August 2005, Girl Scouts of the USA

“I wish to have many more opportunities to attend and participate in this
kind of process, but also to be able to share it widely.”

Participant from South Africa, 2004

  _____

 REGISTRATION FORM

METHODS FOR STRATEGIC COLLABORATION

 August 6 – 9, 2007

Sophia Retreat Center, Dolores, CO

  _____

Name (as you would like it printed on your nametag)

Organization________________________________________________________________
________

Address ___________________________________City/State/Zip
_____________________________

Phone
_____________________________________Email__________________________________
_

Check enclosed for­­­­­­­­_____$1175Early Bird Registration & groups of 3 or
more______$1375 after 6/6/07.

WHEN:  Monday August 6 through Thursday August 9.  The four-day training
will begin each day at 9:00 a.m. and end at 5:00 p.m.

WHERE:  Sophia Retreat & Conference Center in Dolores, CO, which is 61 miles
west of Durango.

Sophia Lodge and Retreat Center with La Plata's Mountains

LODGING:  If you would like to stay onsite, please contact Sophia Retreat
Center directly to make lodging reservations -
<http://www.sophiaretreatcenter.org/> http://www.sophiaretreatcenter.org/ or
877.246.0567 toll-free.

            LODGE & MESA – includes 3 meals:  $119pp double occupancy; $149
single occupancy

            JACUZZI SUITE – includes 3 meals:    $169pp double occupancy;
$249 single occupancy

TRANSPORTATION:  The Sophia Retreat Center has made special arrangements
with a shuttle service for transportation to and from the Durango Airport.
They also collaborate with rental car agencies.  Talk to the Sophia Retreat
Center staff for details.

BOOKS:  Three books, valued at $65, are included in this program and will be
waiting for you onsite.

ê           Open Space Technology Users Guide by Harrison Owen

ê           Power of Appreciative Inquiry by Diana Whitney, Amanda
Trosten-Bloom & David Cooperrider

ê           The World Café: Shaping our Futures Through Conversations that
Matter by Juanita Brown & David Isaacs

  _____

TUITION:       $1175 - for groups of 3 or more

$1375 – Single registrations after June 6, 2007

10% discount for participants from Social Sector organizations

Please make check payable and send with registration form to:

Christine Whitney Sanchez

2717 E Mountain Sky Avenue

Phoenix, AZ 85048

  _____

FOOD:  Morning and afternoon snacks are included in your tuition.  Three
meals are provided as part of your lodging at the Sophia Retreat Center.  If
you have any special dietary needs, the staff at the Sophia Retreat Center
will be happy to work with you.

ATTRACTIONS:  Telluride and Mesa Verde National Park are one hour away!

Questions please contact:  Marcia McConnell Ranch (970) 223-0356
<mailto:marciamranch at msn.com> marciamranch at msn.com