SV: Michael Pannwitz's comment about OSonOS 2008 in Berlin

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Fri Jan 26 13:15:12 PST 2007

Chris--

I like this idea a lot, of gathering close to the harvest moon, for both
practical and emotional reasons.

Late September or early October is a reasonably easy time to travel, at least
in the northern hemisphere--heavy vacation traffic is over, and the weather
is likely to range from okay to downright gorgeous.   For a number of years,
Paul participated in an annual conference the first week in October, and it was
always a good time.   Just once, we sat at Sea-Tac airport all day, waiting
for them to clear runways of snow in Denver, and arrived at our hotel in New
Orleans after midnight.   But that was the exception.

Emotionally, I like idea of gathering near the harvest moon, fitting our
season to the seasons of the earth.   For twenty-five years, we participated in
the Creative Problem Institute, a week in June that always included the summer
solstice, and that seemed to add a special energy.   Another time I took part
in a series of classes held at what is now Whidbey Center, where the Practice
of Peace was held a few years ago.   The monthly classes were scheduled for the
weekends nearest the full moon, and the memory of beautiful moonlit nights
adds a powerful element to what I learned during those months.

Energetically, I like the idea of meeting in various places with the same
purpose, at the same time.   It seems like one small way we could participate in
knitting the world together.

Chris, I like the poetry of your vision, and hope to join you on Bowen Island
in late September.

Joelle