Request for Ideas

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Fri Jan 26 12:48:03 PST 2007

Tenneson--

--Invite others to join to "walk and talk" during a break or after a meal, or
at the end of the day's formal program, before dinner.   This has been a
source of rich experiences for me, and the mountain location will be evocative.

--I often bring a basket of toys and rhythm instruments and leave them on the
edge of the main room.   What develops from this is often quite delightful,
and moves people's learning into a whole different mode.

--as Chris suggested, a table of art supplies is great.   Put big sheets of
paper on the wall, or tape large sheets of paper together on the floor in the
evening, and make a quick announcement that these are for participants to draw
or write their conference impressions, or whatever they wish.   There is
something about working on really large sheets of paper, and getting down on the
floor to do it, that is quite freeing.

Really, anything that you can do to move away from the mode of "sit still and
listen to someone talk" is useful, and you have generated a lovely list for
yourself!

Joelle