Invitation to XV OSonOS in Kyiv, Ukraine

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at BK.RU
Thu Jan 25 15:30:02 PST 2007

Dear fellow spaceholders,

I wanted to share a few reasons why I think one wouldn't want to miss
coming to OSonOS XV in Kyiv/Kiew/Kiev. Maybe they'll motivate me to make
it there : )) :

1. SPIRIT- The Ukrainian spaceholders are a very spirited, generous, and
highly motivated group.

In the space of less than two years OST has spread all over the country,
including applications with companies and government. I recall Olga Datsko
being the first to arrive on day 0 of the Moscow OSonOS ready to help set
up the space for the conference. Many other examples abound.

I think the spirit the Ukrainians have is something anybody can learn
from, an invitation to all of us to further open our hearts, to open
ourselves to holding deeper open space for open space.

Indeed, in my years of living in Russia, I have found that the experience
of inner and group openness/spaciousness is different and complimentary to
what I experience in a Western context. Their essences are different and
mutually enriching. What an opportunity to deepen our personal practice of
OS.

Also, this will be an excellent opportunity to meet new and old Russian
spaceholders who would otherwise be less likely to make it to an
international OSonOS, be it an OSonOS By the Sea, Underwater, in the Air,
On An Island, or otherwise.

2. KYIV- Kyiv is an absolutely beautiful town. Never been there but have
only heard good things! For those who were in Moscow, believe me it's a
lot smaller (hence, maybe a wee bit less overwhelming).

3. LAST CHANCE??- This might be a last chance for some time to experience
an international OSonOS in a Slavic/post-Soviet country.

4. STRENGTH IN HUMILITY- I recall being very moved by an extremely humble,
gracious, and compelling team invitation to come to Ukraine at OSonOS XIV.

5. CHAOS- Additional opportunities for generative linguistic confusion--
we'll be working with at least three languages here!

6. VISAS-No visa necessary for EU, Canadian, US citizens to come to
Ukraine!

7. FOOD- An opportunity to try "salo", a Ukrainian delicacy, jellied pig
fat! Heck, as a long-time vegetarian I even tried it when fellow Moscow
spaceholder Mikhail Pronin offered me some. (I was practicing
nonattachment)

warmly,
raffi

p.s. I would love to explore with anyone else who cares to how we might be
able to assist each other in making it to this Kiev OSonOS. Contact me off
list.

p.p.s. (aside to all, Moscow/Tver spaceholder Galina Tsarkova and OSonOS
XIV co-host has coined a new term in OS Russian, "speiskholder"; plural
is "speiskholdery". Yummy)