Anytime

can uludag canuludag at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 21 02:12:56 PST 2007

"whoever leaves is the right person""whoever doesn't come is the right person"Can Uludag / Mukadder UsanmazDate: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 09:55:55 -0500From: rcopleman at comcast.netSubject: AnytimeTo: OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU

Anytime

Someone wrote...

“You can't be at the same time in different places!"

(Sounds something like a fifth principle emerging...)

I like Harrison’s notion that an “international” OSonOS can happen anywhere anytime.  And I also think the idea of having one such event in a specific location with proper notification to “everyone” is good.  What does this make me?  Perhaps I am someone who wants to become the same different being while doing too few different places.  It’s not easy.  Call me a “both-er”

Anytime anyone of you shows up here (at my house), you’ll find the space already open, along with the windows and the hearts.  And if you’re not from around here (New Jersey, USA), we can call it “international” and no one can object.  Just let me know about one day ahead of your arrival that you’re coming.  Come often.  Bring others.  It’s no bother.

Except for Michael, who, last time he was here, stole about half of my kitchen utensils and left in the middle of the night.  He’s still welcome, but we will place armed guards outside his door.

Which brings me to a point I did not know I was going to make...

New contest (just for fun):  Re-read: “You can’t be at the same time in different places.”  If there were a fifth principle for OS, what would it be?  Contest rules: Humor and self-satire strongly encouraged.  Enter as many times as you wish.  Serious attempts at fifth principles absolutely forbidden.  Funniest entry (judged my me and everyone else) gets a free lifetime subscription to this listserve and a free dinner next time you visit me.

My entry: Whoever comes is the only outcome that could.  (I know, that almost sounds serious, doesn’t it?  I may have to disqualify myself.  Don’t you run that risk!)

Ralph Copleman

Get the new Windows Live Messenger!
http://get.live.com/messenger/overview