Michael Pannwitz's comment about OSonOS 2008 in Berlin

Marei Kiele mareikiele at web.de
Thu Jan 18 10:21:54 PST 2007

Hello folks,

I have been silent on this list for a while and I am only writing a
short comment on this topic.

I have been to Halifax and loved the decision making process there ~ and
"voted" for Moscow in the end. I didn't go because something else became
more important to me. When I heard that in Moscow the decision was Kiev
I thought: "Geographically that's pretty ("too") close ~ okay, those who
cared where there and decided ~ don't complain, Marei."
Last weekend I participated in the "Lernwerkstatt" in Berlin and there I
heard about the plan to host the next OSonOS in Berlin and my immediate
reaction was "NO, this would be incest!!"

So I strongly support the tradition of having THE OSonOS moving around
the world. And I can tell you, having it in Berlin would be very
comfortable for me, just 2,5 hours by train. But I rather make sure the
community stays intercontinental and we have rich annual OSonOSes all
around the world.

And regarding having international OSonOSes at the same time: In OS I
love the movement of morning news / evening news (whole group) and
breakout session (small groups). If it was only breakout sessions I
would miss a lot. As I would with many OSonOSes all over the world.

HO (meant the North American Native Indian way).

Marei