SV: Michael Pannwitz's comment about OSonOS 2008 in Berlin

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.de
Thu Jan 18 00:45:19 PST 2007

Wait a minute, Michael h,
the way I perceive it is that there are many local, regional
(international) and an annual worldwide OSonOS alive and hopping and
growing. In splendid selforganisation.
In the german language realm (Austria, Germany, Switzerland and some
sprinklings from Italy, Netherlands..)we just had the 6th annual
regional OSonOS in a row (actually, its called a Learning Exchange...for
some time it bore the title "I, open space facilitator"...this last one
was just "I, open space..." to embrace not only facilitators but
sponsors, friends, newbees, etc.).
This coming June there will be the 2nd BOSonOS (Berlin Open Space on
Open Space), which is definitely a local event (no doubt all kinds of
people from other places in Germany and abroad can not be avoided!!)
that spawned an amazing number of projects (in the first BOSonOS the
idea of the berlin open space landscape was created which now has
evolved into the open space worldscape (http://www.openspaceworldscape.org/)

I know that there are local/regional OSonOS in the USA (as I recall in
Texas and the last one By The Sea, wherever that is),
in the UK (they just had their 3rd one, I think, last year I went to the
one in London where new activity evolved around a UK website
http://www.openspaceuk.com/

and, there are a number of others I think in Sweden (inviting all of
Scandinavia and beyond)
and probably local and regional ones in other parts of the world.
In fact, everyone of the 20+ Stammtische is a budding OSonOS, if you like.

So, what we have is a broad movement.
OSonOSes - be they in the form of a stammtisch, a more "formal" local,
regional or worldwide event - in fact arise wherever there is a bunch of
folks with passion and an urge to make things happen.
The second Berlin OSonOS for June of this year was conceived by a group
at the regional OSonOS that just took place last week in Berlin.
The next worldwide event was born at the last worldwide OSonOS in Moscow
(where we also announced the plan to have the one in 2008 in Berlin).
I am pretty sure that the next worldwide OSonOS will be born at the
upcoming event in Kiev. And it would not surprise me if there is a bunch
of Berliners (please recall JFK saying at a speech in Berlin long before
the wall came down "Ich bin ein Berliner!")in Kiev inviting us to Berlin
in 2008....maybe in a concert of a bunch of irresistable invitations!!

Greetings from this windy city expecting hurricane winds this afternoon
mmp boscop eg