Beginning a new poem

Ralph Copleman rcopleman at comcast.net
Thu Jan 11 18:21:49 PST 2007

Hi,

I am working on a new poem and would love some assistance.  I will place
below some lines I have already drafted.  I hope you will catch the scheme
and spirit of my embryonic notion and add to it.  (Don¹t take specific
details too literally.)  And please keep on adding without changing anyone
else¹s contributions.  It¹s raw.  I¹ll edit the full compilation later and
re-post it.  This is so crazy it just might work, and it¹ll be over when
it¹s over (most of the practice of poetry is revision and re-writing).

The Days of Now [working title]

On the night before Now
we all clambored over and greeted each other.

Now came the first morning,
We asked each other many conversations
and passed around the shining circle.

On the second day of Now,
I could see a long way in people¹s eyes.

On the third day of Now,
everyone called up tomorrows,
bellied their laughs
and embraced every future Now
with sweat-slicked arms and braided voices.

Each night Now the sky
came down to join them.

On the fourth day of Now

[this space is now openŠ begin adding here]

Thanks.

Ralph Copleman