Law of Two Feet

Brendan McKeague mckeague at iprimus.com.au
Thu Feb 15 16:32:04 PST 2007

Bui - your questioning is so important - I hear
similar concerns voiced from many participants in
the OS Facilitation co-learning programs I host.

 From where I sit, I can never predict just what
behaviours are going to occur in any one group -
we don't know who is going to be there, how long
they will stay, the degrees of
passion/compassion, honesty, empathy, aggression
et al - and thus the learning that participants will undergo.

So my energy really goes into 'holding' all of
that and allowing whatever happens...

and if someone chooses to leave a community due
to their experience of an Open Space - it is not,
in my view, the OS process that will cause them
to leave - although they might well need to blame
someone or something to enable them to justify
their choice - it will be their perception of
what goes on, or went on, and their response to it....

Cheers
Brendan