NEW ENGLAND SOS

Diane Brandon diane at keysregion.org
Wed Feb 7 14:02:16 PST 2007

Hi All,

I want to share that I finally experienced a two day OS at the one
below, and enjoyed it very much. (I'd previously only be able to stay
for day one, or the OS was a "short" one of a day or half day.) The
thing that stood out for me was that I felt happy and energized when
it was over. Usually, even at a conference that I've liked, I feel
drained after two days... either used up or or over-stuffed. This had
a very relaxed feeling, with ups and downs of energy that felt like
real life, rather than a compressed version of life.

The gain for me was in wonderful new people met, learnings about
programs I was unaware of, and a sense of where the work I'm doing
fits into a larger whole.

Blake facilitated with patience and calm, and I honestly got it for
the first time that I could do it too, now rather than at some far
away date. Whatever was forgotten at first (e.g., labeling spaces
downstairs) didn't really matter much. When some of us couldn't find
the workshop we were looking for, we sat down and had one on the same
topic, just without the original convener. It gave me a real sense of
the forgiving nature of this approach... a little confusion was just
part of life, no big deal.

I'd love to share a few photos I took (the space was beautiful), but
I've sent them to Frank and think he may be setting up a photo page
somewhere, so I won't do anything that might duplicate his effort.
(Thanks, Frank!)

Diane Brandon
Eliot, Maine