Harvest OSonOS's?

Michael Herman michael at michaelherman.com
Tue Feb 6 15:49:12 PST 2007

is this going forward then, chris?  if you post this up to your site, i can
link to it in the osonos section.  did anyone else decide to convene
something in this same timeframe?  does it make sense to make
september/harvest an osonos month, and so capture osonos by the sea in this
net, as well as giving avner a bit more room to work?  is the osonos the
month and "harvesting the learnings" the de facto theme?  i want to add this
to the osonos page, but need some specific invites to link to.  chris?
avner?  harrison?  anybody else?

mh

On 1/22/07, Chris Corrigan <chris at chriscorrigan.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> But sharing the experience of watching a full moon rise is totally
> different.  Lovers separated by many miles often do this,  feeling connected
> in the moment with their partner, sharing a common experience of beauty.  We
> appreciate the event together and we appreciate the fact that we are doing
> it together, no matter where we are.
>
> And so, what if we chose the week of the harvest moon for our week of
> gatherings?  In the northern hemisphere, the harvest moon is the full moon
> closest to the autumnal equinox, usually occurring in late September or
> early October.  The harvest moon marks the time of year when the harvest of
> the year's bounty begins.  The days and night are roughly equal in length
> and the tides are reasonably equal as well.  It is a time of equanimity and
> rededication to the communal effort of harvesting what we have sown.
>
> This year the harvest moon is September 26th<http://www.farmersalmanac.com/astronomy/fullmoons.html>.
> What if all over the world, during the week of September 24, we gathered in
> large to small groups for a day or two or more and held open space on open
> spaces, to harvest what we have sown, learn from one another and contribute
> to a worldwide learning inquiry about the edge of our practice, and the
> incredible evolving story of Open Space?
>
> If others feel like this is a good idea, I will start the ball rolling by
> committing to having one here on Bowen Island, near Vancouver, Canada that
> week, let us say September 25-26-27.  It will be in a rustic setting, and it
> will be cheap and accessible.  Anyone who wants to gather with me from near
> and far is invited.  We will enjoy each other in two days of Open Space and
> on the evening of September 26, we will go down to the beach looking east
> across the mouth of Howe Sound to the North American mainland and watch the
> harvest moon rise, knowing that as we are doing so, many of our friends and
> colleagues will have seen that same moon emerge over their gatherings in
> Siberia, Zimbabwe, Belgium, the United States, Colombia and Haiti?  And then
> we will post our proceedings on our worldwide web site and relish in the
> conversations shared with others across our world.
>
> What say you, friends?
>
> Chris
>

> On 1/21/07, Christine Whitney Sanchez <milagro27 at cox.net > wrote:
> >
> >  As Larry, Doug, Eva and others have said, I like the hugging/dancing
> > kind of OSonOS.  And I am also intrigued with the idea of a whole bunch of
> > OSonOS's self-organizing at the same time as the international one,
> > incorporating Gabriella's fabulous OpenSpace-Online.
> >
> > I favor the practice of hosting the international OSonOS on different
> > continents every year.  What I most want is a way to connect with all of
> > you, face-to-face, heart-to-heart that offers the greatest possibility for
> > diversity of languages, cultures, world views and hugging styles.

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates
300 West North Ave #1105
Chicago IL 60610 USA