poem- Be Here Now

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at BK.RU
Thu Feb 1 16:17:07 PST 2007

Dear fellow spaceholders-

A new friend of mine (apparently not a professional spaceholder) shared a
poem she wrote and published a number of years ago. I think it's another
great addition to the "now-kairos" genre well-represented in our online
archive.

In gorgeous granularity,
raffi

Be Here Now

Hold this moment, hold it gently- catch it as it flies
It's the only truth in living, 'tis here now, then it dies

Let your tongue explore its flavor
Your skin feel its gentle breath
All your sense are awake now
To this moment on its path

Hold this moment, hold it gently - catch it as it flies
It's the only truth in living, 'tis here now, then it dies

All the pain of past tomorrows
Yesterdays all dreamt away
Fantasies no longer needed
For the here and now to play

Hold this moment, hold it gently - catch it as it flies
It's the only truth in living, 'tis here now, then it dies

Past and future, they enslave us in a thousand reveries
Make us miss this precious moment, blind us to reality

Hold this moment, hold it gently - catch it as it flies
It's the only truth in living, 'tis here now,     then it dies.

-Trudie Richman