Holiday Greetings

Jaime Pedreros jpedrerosf at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 17:35:45 PST 2007

Hello dear OsListers!

I received this message from a colleague who is a professional translator.
As a homage to her, I put a little salt and pepper and share ir wih you:

Dear all,

I really wanted to send out some sort of holiday greeting but it is so
difficult in today's world to know exactly what to say without distressing
someone...

So I met with my attorney yesterday, and on his advice, but with no explicit
or implied warranty by this wise professional, I want to say to all of you:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an
environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive,
gender-neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday,
practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion
of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the
religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice
not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally-successful, personally-fulfilling, and
medically-uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted
calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of  choice
of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America
and every part of the world great (not to imply that America is necessarily
greater than any other country or is the only "AMERICA" in the world), and
without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious
faith, or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms.

This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely
transferable with no alteration to the original greeting, and with due
recognition that time is of the essence. It implies no promise by the
wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others,
and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion
of the wisher.

This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application
of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a
subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is
limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole
discretion of the wisher.

A great hug to all of you (I choose to take the risk this time)

Jaime