conversation styles ... was: the circle space of OSlist

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at BK.RU
Mon Aug 27 21:13:25 PDT 2007

Hi Deb,

I'm sure there is just oodles of wisdom for your questions on the list.

As for other ways of participating in such forums-

Perhaps the OSlist is a model for inviting open, authentic conversation. And
perhaps in the implicit (and explicit?) invitation to bring any and/or all
of ourselves to the OSlist I always hunger for an even richer conversation.
So, offhand, I don't know of any other ways of (constructive) participating.

As for making room for the "messier" stuff that life is made of-- part of it
is asking the tough, wicked questions from a (occasionally, unfortunately)
humble place, appreciatively, and with curiousity, and without judgement
(sound like the unwritten OSlist rules? : )) ) And if I have judgement, to
name it.

And also to bring the whole self, courage has the French word "coeur"
(heart) in it, after all!

Humility - not the feigned/polite variety- goes a long way for sure. Will
chew on your queries some more.

Not sure any of this is anything new, though!

warmly,
raffi