Circle, grid and OS -

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.org
Fri Aug 24 06:16:45 PDT 2007

Dear Lisa,
here is a link to pictures from the latest OST Training (the 7 day
gig)in Serbia
> http://ostnovisad.ning.com/photo/photo/slideshow?feed_url=http%3A%2F%2Fostnovisad.ning.com%2Fphoto%2Fphoto%2FslideshowFeed%3F&back_url=http%3A%2F%2Fostnovisad.ning.com%2F

if you view them in the slide show modus, go to picture Nr.28 to see the
agenda wall.
It has structure (there is a separate pinnwall for every beginning time
of break out sessions) and color (a different color for each time) and
it also has post its.
Picture 23 shows the agenda wall filled in with loads of issues, the
differently colored (time coordinated) postits attached to the issue sheets.
This type of agenda wall (neither a time/space matrix nor simply a huge
wall but with a clear structure with colored postits)has worked in more
than 150 events I have facilitated with children, teenagers, adults of
all ages, ministers, engineers, city planners, public administration
employees, clergy, international groups, farmers, politicians, police,
child care providers, artists.....
When I look back over the years I have worked with OST I find that a
whole bunch of stuff I did in the beginning (matrix, lots of detailed
instructions, role descriptions in each breakout space, a clock in the
room, lots on input on what the theme should look like,  ....)was needed
in my transformation from control freak to the present focus on holding
time and space. In other words, this stuff has much more to do with MY
needs and capabilities and idiosyncracies and my perception of what
groups and people might need then what systems, groups, clients, etc. need.
Proof of that, in hindsight, is my amazing tenacity in holding on to all
of this (in the face of the words of the man with the hat: Do one thing
less each time)and fighting with colleagues over the "right" way.
I guess it will take the rest of my life to stay on this journey...
Greetings from Berlin
mmp

Oh, there is much more than just pictures on the
OSTNoviSad site created during the training, take a look