OS In Taiwan

ICA Taiwan icataiw at ms69.hinet.net
Mon Aug 6 00:54:36 PDT 2007

The annual Wikimania Conference was held in Taipei this year - and it
is a truly interactive and open community.  In addition to their
un-conference approach, they decided to have a pre-conference day
using OST to focus on "Citizen Journalism".  Lots of chaos,
confusion, fun, free feelings, sharing and surprise - "everything
really did come from the participants", and "we heard many new things
from others".  As this event was sponsored by Public TV there was an
abundance of media coverage!

 From a participant from Spain:  "This (world) map is very interesting
and the wiki seems a very useful resource of information about OST.
The open space organization/facilitation of
events/people it's being one of the best things I have discovered
here in Taipei.  ... maybe one day I could make/help this king of
meetings happen next to where I live. ...  the CJ (citizen
journalism) session showed me other ways of making things happen! :)"

http://www.cna.com.tw/eng/cepread.php?id=200708020032
http://www.flickr.com/photos/halafish/sets/72157601119296380/?page=5

The other fun event I participated in was a 2-day OS Learning
Workshop.  Despite record-breaking temperatures and a very weak air
conditioning unit, inter-active learning was high because of
participants' passion and previous experiences in OS events.  Plans
are in process for up-coming events this year.
http://www.slide.com/r/fl6Ny-Dp6D_x1Iuy_XrLh-CxsFAewYpY?view=large

Gail

--
Gail West, ICA