Facilitator must be part of the conversations

Marc Steinlin marc.steinlin at i-p-k.ch
Wed Aug 1 04:52:21 PDT 2007

Indeed wonderful words! Really appreciated.

In addition to serving the group, I additionally felt I should serve
the sponsor. I have managed several times to convince a sponsor to
try doing an OST against all his doubts and objections. I have
advised him to trust the process as I myself am doing it. But then I
felt sometimes that my presence, just holding space, was reassuring
for the sponsor, showing that I continued trusting the process and
just being there as a guarantor that all will go its way and turn out
well. I sometimes felt that if I would disappear from the space - by
"slipping" into a small group -  I would not live up to this promise
and role of mine: representing this trust that all will be fine.
Probably I myself would have felt uncomfortable leaving the role of
just holding space and being there.

-marc

IngeniousPeoplesKnowledge
Marc Steinlin