OS with homeless in city park?

douglas germann 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Wed Apr 4 18:59:14 PDT 2007

Brendan--

Yes, I would like to see the Book of Proceedings and the Invitations,
off list if you like. And if you can without a lot of effort find out
what action came of it, that would be useful.

I liked the pictures from Bogata--wonderful shots! Even see Peggy in one
of them!

Erich!--

Did we meet at the Halifax OSonOS at the gathering the evening before?

Thanks for sending along that report--my German is from 9th and 10th
grade classes, and that was only 44 years ago or so, so I think I can
guess some of the words, about 1 in every 10 or 15 or so. The pictures
help! ;)

I have tried running your web page through an optical character
recognition program, then taking the results to some Web translation
services, but it is hard to understand fully what is there.

In any case, I would like to hear more from you about what happened and
what results there were after the event. Perhaps off list?

You are poetic, as Florian is, with your "darkening park." I like that.

My emphasis is on homeless persons--I have an opportunity to get
together some people who are served by a local free food pantry for the
poor, and I would like to find out if others have done this, and with
what results?

Avner--

Thanks for telling us this story. Any idea why the "very poor people"
did not take much action after the fact?

Say Hi to Tova for me. It was wonderful seeing her here at the Nexus for
Change conference a couple weeks ago.

Chris--

You are so wonderful to write up these events in such an open, sharing
fashion: you show the heart of the events. Thank you.

I like the idea of the World Café to ground the process and gather
volunteers to implement. What it looks like to me was that this gave
people a chance to look again at the tasks, and grow their enthusiasm
for doing the work. Respect and slow-down time for seeds to grow roots.
The process was the "halfway" stuff that allowed the real work (the
root-growing) to take off.

Were those the actual themes ("The Victoria Urban Development Agreement
Aboriginal Engagement Strategy")? I like the use of the word "strategy"
here....

Everyone--

Thanks for contributing. And thanks for waiting for me to get back to
you. This is a very busy time of year for me, and still so for at least
the next 2 weeks. Thanks!

			:- Doug. Germann