What don't we know about conversation and dialogue?

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Fri Sep 22 08:12:57 PDT 2006

Doug - funny thing. I have never had a good conversation that was anything
but energizing. I guess that is a "by definition" thing. In a good
conversation I always feel the energy flow and it inevitably seems that more
flows into me than I ever give away. I am not sure how the physics works on
this unless the conversation itself creates energy (2nd Law of
Thermodynamics be damned!) which can then be shared by all participants with
lots to spare. That is certainly true in every Open Space even if I don't
say a word. Which may suggest that conversations take place on multiple
levels, in addition to the verbal. To be sure I may feel tired at the end of
the day(s) - but it is good kind of tired. A sense of satisfaction and
completeness.

Harrison

Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Drive

Potomac, Maryland   20854

Phone 301-365-2093

Skype hhowen

Open Space Training  <http://www.openspaceworld.com/> www.openspaceworld.com

Open Space Institute  <http://www.openspaceworld.org/>
www.openspaceworld.org

Personal website  <http://www.ho-image.com/> www.ho-image.com

OSLIST: To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives
Visit:  <http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html>
www.listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html