opening space with very small groups

C isa Kocher cik at ttnet.net.tr
Tue Sep 19 09:02:48 PDT 2006

  _____

From: OSLIST [mailto:OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU] On Behalf Of Tree
Fitzpatrick
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 5:44 PM
To: OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU
Subject: Re: opening space with very small groups

 "I have opened space for a small board retreat "

]

I am sure this is a really dumb question but I have been reading these posts
here for several days and the literature on the web site.

I was referred to this by a discussion at Couch Surfing, one of whose
founders wants to make open space an integral part of Couch Surfing.

Is Open Space exclusively a proprietary software or is there a methodology
one can study by old fashioned reading? What is the psychosociology or
whatever or small group methods or whatever behind it?

Thanks. Thank you for the ongoing discussion.

I real do appreciate the idea of Open Space, but without having an actual
opportunity to engage in it, it is all pretty abstract and a bit opaque for
me. And the discussion does not seem to be making what is happening any more
concrete for me. Like I said sorry for the naive inquiry.

Isa Kocher