humanizing politics... longish

Jaime Pedreros jpedrerosf at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 08:58:27 PDT 2006

Hello Funda!

Nice receiving a message from you, a dedicated person who I have a great
repect for.

1) Transactional Analysis was developed by Eric Berne (physician and
psychiatrist) after WWII in United States. He formed the "San Francisco
Group" with some other colleagues. You may find the basics of this at:

http://www.businessballs.com/transact.htm

2) When referring to "western societes" I meant (now I perceive that I was
wrong) the values some authors and people living in this hempisphere
attributed to Occidental and Christian societies.

By reading magazines, watching news and working with groups in Bolivia as
well as in Peru, I have found some trends with increased force in the
political (exercise of power) field: corruption is common place, there is
little or no shame at all with regard to "social criticism"; politicians and
social leaders have very few concern about the trascendent goals of their
role in making their countries and institutions a better place (reducing
poverty, promoting social inclusion etc.). Of course something is being
done, but from the outside; I think that in this way only little change
could be brought (anyway, it is better than nothing). Humanizing politics or
politicizing humans could lead to the same objective, but please give me
some additional concepts with regard to your proposal.

I appreciate your support and contributions. Good luck always

Jaime