Virgin OSer needs reassurance!

Joanna Fletcher jo at lionlifecoaching.com
Tue Sep 5 17:40:39 PDT 2006

Hey gang! First of all, THANKS for the awesome support and reminders that I
didn’t really have to DO anything.

I screwed up the script hugely; I was not very grounded; my theme statement
was less than inspiring. And it still worked. In spades.

They came up with the most incredible titles and ideas. I was bursting with
joy at their creativity and deep engagement with the theme. I had a lot of
people ask me questions and I just parroted back a principle or the law.

Then I turned it over to the group and LEFT THE ROOM. As I walked out the
door, I heard people yell “WAIT! Hey! What
.” And I kept walking, repeating
the mantra, trust the group, trust the group, trust the group. I found a
chair and ate a banana, heart racing, visions of being fired dancing in my
head. Five minutes later, I walked back in and everything was working just
fine – a couple of groups in the corridor, some in the room, some outside.
They produced awesome feedback and we have a clear place to go for the next
class.

Here it is; like everything else, the first time is the hardest, and I can’t
wait to do it again with a different group tomorrow.

Many many thanks and blessings to you all,

Joanna Fletcher

Lion Life Coaching

jo at lionlifecoaching.com

604-340-1855