Another newbie excited about Open Space

Jaime Pedreros jpedrerosf at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 18:32:21 PDT 2006

Hello Jasmine and welcome to OSLIST!!

I still remember my first experience (as receiver/participant) in an OS
meeting. It was in October 2000 with Peace Corps in Bolivia. When gathered
in a circle, with the talking stick I praised OS, the group and above all of
them, our wonderful facilitator Corinne Nelson who at that time was the
Technical Training Coordinator at PC. I also said that OS went "hand in
glove" with my own personality and ways to have things happen or done. Two
month later, I facilitated three OS meetings, two of them with a business
school; those went quite well despite the general manager's intention to
have "evrything under control" and the other one to share this marvelous
working method with 6 colleagues. One of them, a philospher pointed out that
according to Greek's Mythology "chaos" was settled with the participation of
Eros... passion personification?.

I perceive in your message a trend "to be in control". Let things go by
themselves and be surprised by how the group reacts. Remember: whatever
happens is the best that could and the only thing that matters.

*"I get up every morning determined to change the world and to have
one hell of a good time.  Sometimes this makes planning the day difficult"
                                --E.B. White

*This quote is a powerful tool too!

Thanks for joining us and sharing your experience. Have warm regards from
increasingly warm La Paz. Lots of luck; talent is present!

Jaime