Poetry Contest - send your poems by September 15

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Thu Sep 7 22:30:46 PDT 2006

Hello, dear colleagues -

This is just a reminder to all of you who love words - the Poetry Contest is
still open.  Please send me your entries by September 15.  Below is a copy
of my earlier message describing the contest.  May your words.have.wings. --
Lisa   (PS: I will be traveling and away from email until September 15 -- I
look forward to seeing little poems snuggling in my Inbox upon my return..)

I have held the honor of being the OSLIST's Poet Laureate for about 6
months.  And it is now time to pass the tiara along to our next Poet
Laureate.

As is our tradition, this amazing person will be selected by way of a poetry
contest.

And you, dear reader, may well be the one.and this may well be the time.to
create a poem and be prepared to be surprised for the possibility of being
chosen as our next Poet Laureate.

So, in honor of our recent conversations about dialogue using different
modalities (talk, text, but also sight, sound and so on), if you wish to
submit a poem for our contest please write one that

relates to O p e n   S p a c e in some way, and.

.include, reflect upon, honor or use.t h e   s e n s e s

(sight, sound, touch, hearing, taste and / or any other senses you wish to
name)

A few more notes:

If you write your poem in your own language which may not be English, please
do add a translation in English.

You have until September 15 at midnight (Pacific Standard / West Coast USA
Time) to send your poems to the OSLIST -plus- my direct email:
lisaheft at openingspace.net

After that date I will publish again on the list the text of every poem sent
to me.  The poems will be judged by a vote of the OSLIST members, and the
author of the poem that attracts the majority of votes will become our next
Poet Laureate, which includes the honor of holding space for Open Space
poetry for our list for the next 6 months.

I very much look forward to this delicious experience of what is about to
come.

Lisa

L i s a   H e f t

Consultant, Facilitator, Educator