The Tao of Holding Space - an ebook

Eric Lilius elilius at halhinet.on.ca
Fri Oct 20 20:32:39 PDT 2006

Chris,

A deep bow....nay.... a prostration of gratitude for the sharing of this
wonderful book.
The Tao Te Ching often comes to mind when contemplating the
indescribable essence of Open Space.
Thanks again for this deeply distilled and long gestated work.
It will reside beside my well thumbed User's Guide, and Ms. Heft's Idea
Book.
It would also nestle well with Douglas Harding's "On Having No Head".

"You are holding this space.You have all of
creation in your hands,like a delicate glass
ball.You must simply allow it to rest there,
and let the people draw on the echoes
planted in their genes,and continue the
journey of evolution together."

This makes my spine tingle.

Megwetch

Eric

Chris Corrigan wrote:
> Friends:
>
> I am pleased to announce the release of a small book I have been
> working on for the last three years.  It is called "The Tao of Holding
> Space" and it is a collection of interpretations of the 81 short
> chapters of the Chinese classic Tao te Ching as they apply to my
> experience of holding space.  I started this book three years ago,
> when I began noting parallels between Lao Tzu's words and my
> experience of leadership, facilitation and living in Open Space,
> something many of us have done.  In some ways this book chronicles the
> essence of my own emergent practice of Open Space.  In looking over it
> one more time, I realized that almost everything I know about Open
> Space is somehow distilled into these chapters
>
> I have written here many times over the years about the appreciation I
> have for the teachers on this list.  Signing on to the OSLIST is one
> of the single most important decisions I have ever made.  And so,
> listmates and friends in this practice, I ultimately wrote this for
> you, individually and collectively.  Some of you will see your words
> and ideas expressed in here as I learned and Incorporated them into my
> own practice.  Harrison's words are here of course, as are many of
> Michael Herman's relating to practice and invitation.  And I took Lisa
> Heft's "model enthusiasm" as the subject of one chapter.  These among
> others.  I have a been an active listener all these years!
>
> You can download it here:
>
> http://www.chriscorrigan.com/ftp/Tao_of_holding_space.pdf
>
> Please feel free to share it as widely as you see fit.  It is a small
> offering of gratitude for all that I have learned from this community
> over the past 10 years.
>
> With deep appreciation for the inspiration and continued learning,
>
> Chris
>
> --
> CHRIS CORRIGAN
> Consultation - Facilitation
> Open Space Technology
>

> Weblog: http://www.chriscorrigan.com/parkinglot
> Site: http://www.chriscorrigan.com * *

http://www.haliburtonfolk.com
http://savethefrostcentre.ca
http://www.environmenthaliburton.ca
`·.¸ ><((((º> .·´¯`·.¸.·<º))))><¸.·´¯·.¸
`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>
<º))))><·.¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸
·..·´¯`·. <º))))><.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·<º))))><

Eric Lilius
Box 27
(1563 Eagle Lake Road)
Eagle Lake, ON  K0M 1M0
CANADA W78.34.12/N45.07.09
705-754-9859
705-754-9860 (fax)
When you eventually see through the veils to how things really are,
you will keep saying again and again,"This is certainly not like
we thought it was!"       ( Rumi)

We are very near to greatness: one step and we are safe: can we not take the leap?  (Emerson)