marketplace

Sheila Beauchemin s.beauchemin at SHAW.CA
Sat Oct 14 15:21:42 PDT 2006

Hi there,
I am an open space neophite so my questions must be taken with that in
mind.  I confess that I am having trouble understanding the consistency
between "leaving the room" only to return at the end of the session for
evening news, and the necessity to "hold time and space".  Here, it
appeared that the facilitator was to remain around but not visible - doing
all those small tasks that keep the space safe and comfortable for those
busy beavers working away in the breakout sessions?

Can you provide some further enlightenment - and encourage as I find the
notion of leaving a hard one!  Call it the value for money proposition
that I occassional face (albiet not in an OST environment) - e.g. "Sure am
paying a lot of money and what are she really doing?  She isn't even in
the room!"

I have more basic questions but will post these separately along with an
introduction!

Regards,
Sheila Beauchemin
Victoria, BC Canada