FW: Showing up & being present

ashley cooper mail.easilyamazed at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 10:32:29 PDT 2006

This piece about the presence that we bring to an experience is so
essential. The presence of opening space, the presence of holding intention,
the presence of inviting emergence...

I notice that any way of being that we enact has the capacity to be charged
with a spectrum of presence. How connected, aligned, and unattached are we
to the way we are showing up?  I notice, with small and large groups, that
the 'type' of presence an individual embodies is usually reflected in some
way in the group. As others have said, silent presence creates space for
consciousness, emotional presence creates space for accepting emotions that
are arise (all kinds) and recognizing them for what they are.

One flavor of presence that I embody is a passion for, curiosity about and
love of life. I often see this reflected in groups that I work with. I'm not
necessarily doing anything particular but the presence of my being opens
space for complementing currents to emerge, mixing with and creating the
flow of the group. I work mostly with smaller groups and my presence usually
isn't invisible. And yet it does feel like there is a quality of
transparency that seems to easily transfer to others as an awareness and
acceptance that they too have access to this presence.

I wonder... What flavors of presence do you embody when working with groups?

Curious,
Ashley