About Themes for Open Space: examples

Gerard Muller gm at openspace.dk
Mon Oct 2 09:26:38 PDT 2006

Dear Diane,

I have listed some examples of issues of Open Space events I have
facilitated.

-	how can robots create value for sustainable development: for my
organisation, and for society in general ? (see: www.bramstrup.dk for a
nice invitation)
-	is our profession a dying race, or the profession of the future ?
(national association of accountants)
- 	what new business opportunities do we see, and how do we create them
? (steel multinational)
-	how do we train our voices to sing our joint melody ? (pharmacies
merging)
-	in three years, our jobs won't exist anymore: what new ones do we
create instead ? (professional association)
-	how do we get young Danish people to exercise more ? (NGO in health
care)
-	what leadership do we need and how do we create it ? (network of HR
professionals)
- 	how do we develop our department, each of us and together ? (Surgery
department, University hospital)
-	how do we implement the values our leadership has formulated in
practice ? (Regional Tax Office)
-	what is the future of wiki's and how do we create it ? (Wiki
community WikiSym 2006)
-	how do we cooperate in our network of excellence (steel multinational)
-	one ESS: how do we create it ? (engineering multinational, on how to
have its units across the world cooperate)
- 	nature & poverty: how do we cooperate in the area in future ? (NGO's)
-	how do we create the best product for the high end of the market ?
(Software firm)
-	what building does our knowledge center need ? (knowledge centre in
agriculture: for those who were at OSonOS11, you have seen the result)
-	what should are business plan for the coming period look like, and
how do we ensure it is implemented ? (sales company)
-	interactive research: enough ideas and experiences: but how do we
create a breakthrough ? (University)
-	what school do we need in future, and how do we create it ? (school)
-	what do our future children's departments look like, and how do we
create them ? (association of librarians)
-	a fantastic international conference in Holland: how do we organise
it and ensure the process leads to an active Community of Practice ?
(IODA)
-	what new partnerships can we create and how do we go about it ?
(knowledge center)
-	after many years of success we have come into a period of stagnation:
how do we turn the tide ? (Association of fruit producers)
-	how should we lead the process of digitalisation in our province ?
(provincial authority)
-	in heart diseases, Denmark is on a 35th place, at par with Zimbabwe.
How do we get to the number 1 spot ? (pharmaceutical)
-	one partnerteam, how do we create it ? (one of the big Four)
-	we have created the foundation; how do we develop our organisation in
the next phase ? (hospital)
-	what does consulting in the pig- and building sector look like in
future, and how do we create it ? (regional advisory service)
-	how to reboot reboot ? (reboot is a yearly event for E-professionals)
-	the guidelines have changed; how do we implement them ?
(pharmaceutical)
-	success in our cooperation: how do we create it ?
- 	what are the implications of the vision for roles and
responsabilities in our department, and how do we realise these ?
(large city)
-	given the strengths and weaknesses in our bid process, how do we
increase our win rate ? (consulancy firm)
-	how can we innovate at the same time we need to cut costs ?
(investment fund)
-	how do we develop a new way of working, building on our knowledge and
networks ? (University)
-	what activities should our alumni association organise and how do we
bring them alive ? (alumni association)
-	how can we best improve our campaigns ? (large consultancy firm)
-	how do we create competence development and training which adds value
in reality, each of
	and together (conference centre)
-	what should our vision be and how do we make it alive ? (project)
-	how do we create a transition to sustainable agricultural systems ?
(Ministry)
-	how do we keep the birds in the meadows ? (Ministry)
-	what follow-up treatment should our clients have, and what role could
we play in this ? (psychiatric hospital)
- 	what is good pain treatment, and how do we organise it in our region
? (regional cancer centre)
-	our new business model is in place: how do we implement it, each of
us alone, and together ?
-	how do we develop our department the coming years ? (medical
department, university hospital)
-	how do we create the best health care system in the world ?
(pharmaceutical)
-	what does the future require from us, and how do we prepare for this
succesfully ? (union)
-	we are at the end of one phase, how do we prepare the next one ?
(inspection)
-	food security and international cooperation; what will we do ?
(University)
-	in meeting we can get to understand eachother's differences: how will
we do this ? (Fund)
-	how do we optimise our cooperation and knowledge exchange ? (research
department)
-	what needs to be done to create really good facilities i our town,
and how will we do this ? (town)
-	how do we create new growth in our sector ? (University department)
-	what future do we see for artists, and how do we create it ?
(association of artists)
- 	the region's knowledge cluster: how do we create it ?
-	what developments do we see, what should we offer in the near future
and how do we organise it ?
-	how do we cooperate in a way which creates value for each of us ?

Greetings from Svenmark,

Gerard Muller
Open Space Institute Denmark
Phone: (+45) 21269621				Skype: openspace1
Mail: gm at openspace.dk